Monday, June 1, 2009

Colossal Cookies

I originally got this recipe from my ex's mom, but it's all over the internets under the same name, so I don't think I need to cite any references here. Fewer oats = chewier cookies, and I'll admit to using more chocolate chips than the recipe calls for. Especially if they are Ghiradelli semi-sweet chips...

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16 ounce) jar crunchy peanut butter
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
6 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Bake at 350F for around 10 minutes or so.

5 comments:

NewsCat said...

Everyone loves these cookies! Although I'm not sure what Weight Watchers would think of them.

Cheri said...

Who cares what those guys think?! These cookies are always a hit.

jo said...

Can I use creamy peanut butter?

Cheri said...

Whatever is your fave. I've made them with creamy, crunchy, natural... They always turn out well. Funny, I didn't even notice that this recipe called for crunchy. I just found it somewhere online and copied it. Sometimes I get creative with what I put in them, like M&Ms, butterscotch chips or heath bar chunks.

Cheri said...

Just an update to say I just tried this with all brown sugar instead of the white/ brown combo. Best. Decision. Ever. The cookies are even more moist and chewy than usual. Although they kind of seemed oversweet, so I'm thinking next time I will just use brown, but cut the amount a bit.